Pages

Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

A promise from the Lord

Oak Trees From Home

I love that the Lord is always so faithful, and perfect in his timing. Our home school name is Valley Oak Academy. I chose the name because it reminded me of my home, and the lovely huge Valley Oaks we have all over. Over the years, I wanted and used verses that were comforting to me, but always wanted something that was truly ours from the Lord. I wondered why some home schooler's, seemed to have it all together but not me. LOL Well last year I was studying Isaiah and ran across a verse that I knew the Lord had provided for us. (Well all of us)!!! But it was beautiful and a promise from Him. He is perfect and wonderful, and his timing is always just when we need it.
Here is the verse: Isaiah 61:3

They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.
It can't get any more perfect than that. It is a part of a larger verse, but the whole verse was something the lord was showing me. I am truly thankful for a God, who is real, and hears our prayers and answers back in truth.


Blessings

2 comments:

  1. WOW. THAT IS SO GOD ISN'T IT.
    REMIND YOURSELF OF IT ON THOSE DAYS WHEN THE ENEMY HAS YOU QUESTIONING HOME SCHOOLING. AND HE WILL.

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you mommy! I can't wait until I see you, I like your blog for today.
    -Audrey :)

    ReplyDelete